🏫 Academic life
- 2023-2025: Research Associate (~ Postdoc) at the University of Edinburgh with Markulf Kohlweiss.
- 2015-2022: PhD student at Paderborn University in the group of Johannes Blömer.
- Topic: anonymous credentials and applications to privacy-preserving systems.
- 2010-2015: Computer science Bachelor and Master at Paderborn University (with distinction).
📈 Projects I’ve been involved in
- I co-created 🦎 Cryptimeleon, a Java library for prototyping privacy-preserving crypto.
- I am planning and supervising the prototype implementation of our 💳 incentive system as part of a transfer project.
- I’m a contributor to the ZKProof 🗄 standardization effort for Sigma protocols.
- I have supervised a DAAD RISE stipend student. The internship resulted in 🥶 Subzero, a zero-knowledge compiler for Cryptimeleon.
- Research with subproject 🪰 C1 in the SFB 901, on privacy-preserving crypto, in particular anonymous authentication.
I have been invited to speak at:
- 11th Heinz Nixdorf Symposium - Secure and Privacy-Preserving Services Workshop (2022)
I wrote reviews for:
- Eurocrypt 2022
- Security and Communication Networks (2022)
- CCS 2019
- CT-RSA 2019
- AsiaCCS 2018
Resources I created
Advised Bachelor/Master theses
Theses I have advised.
- Updatable Privacy Preserving Reputation System based on Blockchain (MSc, 2023)
- On Transforming Lattice-Based Cryptography to the Ring Setting (MSc, 2022)
- On Batch Proofs of Partial Knowledge (BSc, 2020)
- Measuring the Performance of SNARK Libraries (BSc, 2020)
- Comparison of Zero-Knowledge Range Proofs (BSc, 2020)
- Post-Quantum Secure Group Signatures (MSc, 2019)
- Efficient Finite-Field Arithmetic for Elliptic Curve Cryptography in Java (BSc, 2019)
- Implementation and Comparison of Elliptic Curve Algorithms in Java (MSc, 2019)
- Instantiating a Predicate Encryption Scheme via Pair Encodings (Bachelor project, 2017)
- Commitment Schemes - Definitions, Variants, and Security (BSc, 2016)
Courses I was involved in.
- Summer 2022: Seminar “Current Trends in Cryptography”, seminar design and management.
- Winter 2021/2022: Seminar “Post-Quantum Cryptography”, advisor to students.
- Summer 2021: Foundations of Cryptography, organization, tutorials, and exercises. Seminar “Security and Privacy” advisor.
- Winter 2020/2021: 🏖
- Summer 2020: Foundations of Cryptography, organization, tutorials, and exercises (online course; good practice award 🏆). Seminar “Privacy and Authenticity of Data” advisor.
- Winter 2019/2020: Seminar “Current Topics in Cryptography”, advisor.
- Summer 2019: Foundations of Cryptography, tutorials and exercises.
- Winter 2018/2019: Fundamental Algorithms, tutorials and exercises.
- Summer 2018: Introduction to Cryptography, tutorials and exercises.
- Summer 2017 and Winter 2017/2018: Project Group Re(AC)t, one of two advisors for the student group.
- Winter 2016/2017: Modellierung (first semester cs course), tutorials
- Summer 2016: Complexity Theory, helping with tutorials and exercise design
- Winter 2015/2016: Modellierung (first semester cs course), tutorials
- 2011-2013: Student TA for various Bachelor CS courses (Modellierung; Grundlagen der Programmiersprachen; Konzepte und Methoden der Systemsoftware)